Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Holidays

Every year we are bombarded with holiday specials that purport to herald the spirit of the holiday season. And while there is absolutely nothing wrong many of these holiday specials, I call upon the television and pop culture gods to consider adding another program to the existing annual line up.

Programs such as Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, A Charlie Brown Christmas, A Christmas Story, Its a Wonderful Life, etc., have come to dominate the holidays for most of our generation. But if you have seen these programs once you have seen them a million times too many.

There is, however, an alternative, a movie that has disappeared from the airwaves. While not exactly a holiday special per se, it is set during the holiday season and is a wonderful reminder of what the holidays should really be, your own particular religious or philosophical leanings not withstanding.

I think I have said everything that I want to say about this movie in this post.

So without further ado, courtesy of Youtube poster JTClarion, I present to you J.T. the movie, aka I want me this cat I found.


















No comments:

Post a Comment