Thursday, February 4, 2010

What are you afraid of?

Some people fear heights, others fear spiders or dogs. Everybody has something that crumples their cookies. The trick is to identify that something and confront it head on. Once you realize, that nobody gets out alive most of us can even conquer the fear of death.

Me, I had the luxury of getting pushed. I was forced to confront my fears with no time to anticipate the consequences and no time to compromise. Reality simply was upon me and I had to make peace with it or have it wreak havoc and destruction to my existence.

I'm OK now. But there was a time when I could not countenance being home alone. Now, I revel in it. But it wasn't easy, and it didn't come quickly.

Conquering fear is the rock that anchors the soul.




No comments:

Post a Comment