Saturday, February 27, 2010

With the groove our only guide...

...we shall all be moved.

Regardless of who actually wrote it, the line comes under the umbrella of His Royal Funkiness one, George Clinton. It is only one of scores of truly once in a lifetime lines that has come to us via George.

It is emblematic of the existence that I increasingly find myself realizing. No sooner than I determine to take the podium on some issue or the other that I find that my peeps have already taken it to the stage. There was no meeting, no memo, no after hours phone calls to coordinate strategy, just many acting as one in unison with the same goal in mind.

The same cannot be said of the cowards who have to check in with the mama ship to find out what they think about a particular issue. They have apparently determined to work from within to destabilize and destroy the concept of one nation under a groove. To which they must be held to account for the funk, the whole funk and nothing but the funk.

Feets don't fail me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment